Since 1885, Belmont Savings Bank has been serving the local area with minimum fees and maximum services in a friendly, personal atmosphere. Chartered in 1885, Belmont Savings has helped the residents of Belmont County and Monroe County, Ohio with their needs for 125 years! The main office in Bellaire has been home to Belmont Savings since 1956. Over 4200 people attended the open house. The next location was added in St. Clairsville, Ohio in 1966 and in 1976 Belmont Savings came to Powhatan. The fourth office opened in 1980 in Barnesville, Ohio.
Today, one of fewer than 700 mutual savings banks left in the country, Belmont Savings Bank does not have stock holders and is able to provide the community with higher than average interest rates on deposits and competitive rates on loans. This coupled with the bank’s commitment to the communities they serve has lead to significant growth over the years. The bank’s total assets are over $548,000,000 and capital exceeds $47,000,000.